Vacancy: Meetings & Events Coordinator
The M&E coordinator acts as assistant to the M&E manager. Responsible to coordinate the delivery of all food and beverage for functions held in the Hotel and all details pertaining to functions being held in all banquet and meeting rooms in keeping with the standards prescribed by management.
The Goal of a Lanzerac Meetings & Events Coordinator:
The M&E coordinator should be an ambassador for the brand and professional at all times. Friendly and efficient over the phone or on a site visit, with a high level of energy to keep the client interested. Organized and excellent admin skills.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Great communication skills- verbal and in writing.
- Good knowledge of hotel management systems.
- Needs to be able to work very focuses and react quickly and with creativity to enquiries.
- Maintains a good energy level.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- A cool head to deal with last minute requests and problems
- A can-do attitude, because you may need to hire audio visual, lighting, a DJ, a band, stages, and marquees
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Marketing and selling conference and banqueting facilities.
- Ensuring all enquiries are recorded daily on the enquiry sheet for management to assist with conversion of quotes.
- Scheduling and conducting site inspections.
- Scheduling reservations: block bookings & venues.
- Communicating details and changes of your events clearly.
- Planning well so each event runs smoothly.
- Ensuring deposits, final pre-payments and balances due are paid on time.
- Assisting banqueting manager with on-site events where required.
- Completion of function delivery sheets in an accurate and timely fashion
- To comply with all statutory and company regulations relating to Health & Safety and hygiene.
- To ensure that the client’s queries and complaints are dealt with promptly and personally and serious situations reported to the Banqueting Manager/ Duty Manager.
- To attend weekly Operations and F&B meetings communicating all information to staff in your department.
- Willingness to work flexible hours when needed.